If you have an old or new domain that you need to do a domain forwarding but your domain hosting doesn’t offer such service for free, here is an easy way that is free.
CloudFlare is a cloud service provider that offers tons of features such as CDN, DNS, Caching, Security, etc., to speed up and protect millions of websites, APIs, SaaS services, and many other properties connected to the Internet. If you let CloudFlare manage your domain DNS, you can have the domain forwarding feature for free.
Here is how you can do it.
1. Sign up an account with CloudFlare which is free, if you haven’t done so.
2. Click +Add Site on the top left to add the domain you want to forward.
3. Follow the instruction on the page to finish adding the site to CloudFlare. See the following video clip to have a glimpse of what’s involved in adding a site.
4. Change the Name Server in your Domain host to point the domain’s DNS Zone file to CloudFlare.
5. Once finished, go to Page Rules section and create a Page Rule that forwards a predefined URL pattern to a different URL. You have 3 Page Rules that you can use for free without an additional charge.
Save and Deploy the rule, and you are good to go. You will see the changes shortly after.