Just like any other browsers, Microsoft Edge comes with a large set of keyboard shortcuts that boost your browser experience to help you become a better Edge surfer.
Here are 18 of them that are worth remembering, some of which are common ones while some are unique in Edge.
1. Ctrl + Tab to jump one tab to the right and Ctrl + Shift + Tab to jump one to the left.
2. Ctrl + Click on a Link to open the link in a new tab. Mouse-middle-click would do the same. What’s more, Ctrl + Shift + Click on a Link opens the link in a new tab and switch to it.
3. Ctrl + W to close the current tab.
4. Ctrl + Shift + T to open a previously closed tab.
5. Ctrl + Shift + N to move the current tab to a new window. This is a new key combination in Edge.
6. Ctrl + K to duplicate the current tab in a new tab. This is also a new one in Edge.
7. Ctrl + Shift + P to start a InPrivate window.
Sidebar (hub) related
8. Ctrl + I to open Favorites
9. Ctrl + M to open Reading List
10. Ctrl + H to open History
11. Ctrl + J to open Downloads
Press Esc to close the sidebar if you haven’t known already.
12. Ctrl + D to save the current page to Favorites or Read List.
Page Navigation Related
13. Ctrl + Shift + L to start a default search of any text copied into the clipboard. The results will open in the same tab.
14. Ctrl + F to open the Find bar to search for a keyword or phrase on the page. Hit Enter to move to the next instance of the search term on the page or Shirt + Enter to the previous instance.
15. Ctrl + plus/minus to Zoom in/out on the current page. Ctrl + 0 (zero) to reset to 100%.
16. Ctrl + Shift + R to enter the reading mode for a clean reading environment.
17. Esc to stop loading the page and F5 (Ctrl + R) to reload the page.
18. Alt + Home to go home.
That’s about it for now. Enjoy Edging your way to the internet.