Just like in Internet Explorer, Bing is the default search engine in Microsoft Edge. And now, starting in Windows 10 build 10158, you can now add and change the default search engine to something else.
Here is how:
1. Visit the search engine site, such as DuckDuckGo.
2. Click the ellipsis symbol at the top right corner to open the drop-down menu, and click Settings.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of Settings charm bar and click View advanced settings button.
4. At “Search in the address bar with” section, click Bing drop-down menu, and click <add new>.
5. Highlight the search engine, and click “Add as default“.
What’s the limitation?
According to Microsoft, only the search engines that support the OpenSearch standard are supported and will appear in the list. However, despite the fact that most of the major search engines support OpenSearch Standard, only handful ones that are available at the moment to be set as default search engine in Microsoft Edge, and Google, YouTube, and Yahoo are not on that list.